Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Letters from Grandpa 27 March 1916

Commercial Hotel
W.M. Doyle, Prop.
Elko, Nevada

Miss Allene S Kelley,
Modesto,
California

Now darn it, Dearest, you're going away only for a day perhaps but it just seems as tho' I was writing this to mail to no one, and therefore I'm not at all inspired.

I hope you are having a delightful time tho' dear while this is waiting for you. Indeed I'm having one only while I'm writing; I caught a peach of a cold Saturday-coming down from Eureka and yesterday I took a little more and today I took--well it doesn't matter dear what--but I'll feel better tomorrow---can't feel worse.

Wish I could see you Allene dear when you get all togged out in the glad rags. Bet you'll come home all dressed up like a broken arm--but please be careful and don't do anything to make you feel like one.

I'm going to bed in about two seconds and it's only 8:30--so forgive yours only

Frank
Monday, March 27th 1916

No comments:

Post a Comment