Monday, December 6, 2010

Letters from Grandpa 19 November 1915

Commercial Hotel
W. M. Doyle, Prop.
Elko, Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley
Huntington Hall
South Pasadena, California

In all that long (?) letter I wrote you last night Dear--and with all the time I put in on it--I neglected to thank you for the picture taken at Mojave. You never fail to express your appreciation and thanks when I give you things, girlie, and really just an acknowledgement of the receipt would be sufficient, because I know you appreciate them. Of course I like to have you thank me and all that, but should you fail to do so I would consider it just a simple forgivable oversight,--and I expect the same forgiveness from you dear. That's not unreasonable, is it?

This morning I was agreeably welcomed at the post office by your letter.

Glad you enjoyed the candy and that Mrs. Coolidge likes the look of my back. You might tell her that I'm really very pleasant looking and am not at all ashamed of my face.--That is if you can tell it with a sincere look. Of course I wouldn't have her know we were joshing.

So you had your picture taken!! And am I to have one? I know that a thing worth having is worth asking for so I'm asking you, dear.

Will try and write to Mrs. Maze today. Received one letter from her but the one she addressed to Wells, for some reason or other, has failed to reach me. I have written the postmaster of that place regarding it and I may get it tomorrow. I'm hoping anyhow.

I would like to be in San Francisco when the folks arrive but then I'd not be satisfied even then. 'Twould be like a dinner without dessert;--seeing them without you.

In a few days you'll be in San Diego. I hope you have the dandiest time ever dear.

Sincerely yours
Frank
Friday, November 19th, 1915

No comments:

Post a Comment