Sunday, January 12, 2014

Letters from Grandpa 7 April 1916

The Allen Hotel
Geo Allen, Prop.
Wells--Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley,
Modesto,
California

Allene Dearest, In my yesterday's I said I was "mad" but I wasn't, 'twas only a disappointment. When your letter doesn't come on time I'm disappointed dear, that's all.

Your apology today dear has sort of bro't me to my senses and while I want and will look for a letter from you every day, still I should be content with the knowledge that you care enough for me to write, even tho' you do fail once in awhile.

Now dearest I don't want to be unreasonable or selfish. I think we understand each other and with that mutual understanding let's be honest, and frank, and friendly. I won't hold it against you if you miss a day or two with your writing, because there are times when a fellow just can't, that's all, and I want you to be as lenient and considerate with me. Don't misunderstand me, dearest, and think for a minute that I'm tiring of you, or want to slack up with the writing; that's furtherest from my tho'ts. We're going to be better acquainted and at the earliest possible moment and in the meantime let's be as close to each other as possible.

Today was surely the "cranberry merchant's." I got up at 6:30 and after breakfast I got busy. Well there was no let up until 5:30. No dinner, no nothin', 'cept patients (not patience) and work. Landed a couple of good jobs for next week, - beginning Monday, so we will drive down to Elko tomorrow afternoon and return Monday morning. Address mail here as you have been doing.

With all my love dear,
Just yours,
Frank

April 7th, 1916.

No comments:

Post a Comment