Sunday, April 1, 2012

Letters from Grandpa 10 March 1916

The International Hotel
Austin, Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley,
Modesto,
California

My dearest Allene:~This is our last night in Austin for a month or two,~or more.~ Our baggage is all packed, roped and strapped and we leave for Elko in the morning. Will arrive there-if train's on time-at 8:10 P.M. and will have the weekly chicken dinner at the Commercial instead of the International Cafe.

I think we will go to Eureka next,-will get the "dope" on the place tomorrow or Sunday. We don't want to "run in" on another dentist and one has been billed for there for several weeks. You may think this is funny running around over the country like this~~and by golly dear, it is, just lots of fun~~and some work too, but it's pleasant work most of the time.

Got your little letter today dear,~ the one with the remarks on the contents of the wonderful Austin paper. While I enjoyed the comments dear it doesn't somehow seem to be inspiring and I'm short of news and have been going at such a pace that I'm almost out of breath and before I am completely winded I will say good night dearest.

With all my love,
Just your
Frank

March 10th, 1916

1 comment:

  1. Letters dated early 20th CE, you have treasures! I like the way baggage was packed in those days 'roped and strapped':)

    ReplyDelete