Sunday, May 1, 2011

Letters from Grandpa 26 January 1916

Box 162,
Elko, Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley,
1020~15th St.,
Modesto
California

Yesterday, Dearest, I didn't write nor did I receive, but the one I wrote Monday P.M. didn't go till yesterday so I'm none behind. Today I got the tardy one and another, and they both "had a tendency" to make the world look brighter in this gloomy old place. Anyhow I noticed a difference, if no one else did and I feel lots better since I consumed their contents, cause it does make me feel a little downhearted and neglected when I go to the postoffice [sic] and they tell me "nothing doing."

You're not going to get much of a letter today dear.~Am "awful" busy and the train will be here before I finish work. Will write what I can while I'm "cooking" some incisors.

I'm very glad to hear you are industrious too, and that you are faithful to your music, even tho' you do "meet up" with a good many obstacles to hinder and to make it disagreeably fascinating;~ such as snow storms, mud theatres, etc. And talking about theatres, I saw Letty in San Francisco~not "Frisco." I should say she is an awkward looking thing on the stage. And where she made that exit on all fours and then peered around the corner at the audience,~~well "could you beat it" dear?

By golly! dearest, those teeth are done to a frazzle and I'll have to leave you or "lose my job." Will answer this last one tonight.

Always with love,
Your,
Frank.

Jan 26~1916

No comments:

Post a Comment