Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Letters from Grandpa 2 March 1916

The International Hotel
Austin, Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley,
Modesto,
California

Well Dearest here it is eleven thirty P. M. I quit work just an hour ago and came down stairs and one of the boys tackled me for a game of pool. Well I beat him. Have been working on the deliberating patients' case.
I landed him with a compromise of two hundred and ten. We'll finish him day after tomorrow then maybe I'll have more time and will be in better condition to write. As it is God knows my back is about broken and I'm all out of sorts and all in but the shoestrings.

But anyhow you wrote me a dandy long letter which I got today. You told me about Mrs. Maze getting fat and I've got nothing more to say. If you want to take on weight, well it's up to you dear-I've nothing more to say about it.

With all my love dear I'll say good night and leave you alone.

Always yours
Frank

March 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment