Sunday, April 10, 2011

Letters from Grandpa 19 January 1916

Commercial Hotel
W. M. Doyle, Prop.
Elko, Nevada

Miss Allene S. Kelley,
1020~15th St.,
Modesto,
California

Dearest:~
I have about five minutes to devote to you while I'm waiting for the train to come and take me back to Golconda. Had some business to attend to here and came up this A.M. Arrived about  1:45 P.M. and am ready to go back now (3:30)

It's about a hundred and twenty one or two miles~ just about four hours ride.

Was rather disappointed when I called at the P.O. immediately after my arrival to find there was nothing there from you dear.  Maybe you've neglected to write thinking I'm buried in snow and unable to work myself out? I'm trying to work myself in, dear,~in to Midas.


Always with love
Yours hastily
Frank

January 19th

No comments:

Post a Comment